The associated firm of Norrie Engineering Inc. is available through Allegro Industries Ltd. to provide Professional Consulting Engineering services for such assignments as follows. The firm is registered as a member of the Provincial Professional Engineering Associations in Nova Scotia, Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, and British Columbia.
- Establish requirements for upgrading provincial approved facilities to meet CFIA/USDA/EU requirements
- Develop designs, drawings and specifications for plant layouts, product flows, plumbing, piping, HVAC, and other mechanical and electrical services including low temperature (refrigeration) systems
- Develop estimates of construction costs for above work
- Provide pro forma operating cost projections for use determining the viability of projects
- Provide Pre-Start & Safety Reviews for new and existing equipment, and processing lines as required in Ontario.
- Provide complete plant designs for beef, hog, lamb and poultry slaughter and complete plant layouts for processing bacon, smoked meats, and sausage products.
- Provide designs for edible and inedible rendering facilities
- Provide designs for edible by-products processing (red and grey organs)
- Provide design for custom equipment for specialized processing involving
- materials handling (spent casing systems), warehousing, shipping, and receiving
- thermal processing of food products (heating, cooling, and freezing)
- fluid transfer and holding (brine makers, chilled water systems, etc.
In the past Norrie Engineering Inc. has undertaken engagements to:
- Provide structural analysis, comments, and recommended revisions on:
- lifting equipment
- vat dumpers
- column dumpers
- overhead conveyor systems
- Stairs, operator platforms, walkways, etc.
- Bearing walls, etc.
- Obtain CFIA. USDA, and EU approval of meat plant drawings, and resolve equipment issues with these authorities for use of new equipment
- Submit drawings to local authorities to obtain building permits in accordance with building codes